16 Yankee Candle Way
South Deerfield, MA 01373
CEO: Craig Rydin
Yankee Candle is the nation's leading designer
and manufacturer of premium scented candles. In addition, it
also sells home decor products and bath lines including fragrances
Products are sold through over 450 company-owned
retail stores (423 Yankee Candle stores and 27 Illuminations
stores). and a wholesale network of 17,500 locations. Additional
sales come from catalogs, the Yankee Candle Internet website
and wholesale distributors in Europe.
Total sales for 2007 were $736.9 million.
Net income was $2.9 million.
The company's flagship store in Western
Massachusetts is the world's largest candle store with over 160
scents. It is located at Routes 5 and 10 in South Deerfield,
Yankee Candle began in 1969 when 16-year
old Mike Kittredge made his first candle with melted crayons
- a Christmas gift for his mother - in his family home in South
Hadley, MA. Family, friends and neighbors raved about Mike's
candles and kept buying them as fast as he could make them.
Operating first out of his parent's home,
then in an abandoned mill building in Holyoke, MA, and later
in nearby South Deerfield and Whately, Mike's early hobby grew
into the Yankee Candle Company, the nation's premiere scented
candle designer, manufacturer, wholesaler and retailer.
In 1989, Yankee Candle opened its first
mall location and continued to expand. The company went public
on the NYSE in 1999.
In 2007, the company went private after
being acquired by Madison Dearborn Partners.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits available for headquarters employees
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental Insurance
- On-site Fitness Center Staffed with Trained Fitness Specialists
- Health and Wellness Educational Programming
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Company-Paid Term Life Insurance
- Company-Paid Short-Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Voluntary Supplemental Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Supplemental Term Life Insurance
- Voluntary Interest Sensitive Whole Life Insurance
- Voluntary Long-Term Care
- Payroll Deduct Options for Auto and Residence Insurance
- Section 125 Medical and Dependent Care Reimbursement Plans
- Paid Vacation and Sick/Personal Time
- Paid "Anniversary" Day (to celebrate your employment
- Discount On Our World-Class Product and Special Employee Shopping
- Promotional/Advancement Opportunities throughout the Company
- Discounts with Local Retailers and through WorkingAdvantage.com
Concierge Service Including:
- Discounted on-site dry-cleaning pick-up and drop-off
- Discounted ticket purchase for various local events