16 Yankee Candle Way
South Deerfield, MA 01373
CEO: Hope Margala
Owned by Jarden Corporation
Yankee Candle is the nation's leading designer
and manufacturer of premium scented candles. In addition, it
also sells home decor products and bath lines including fragrances
The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Jarden Corporation and sells its products through a North American wholesale customer network of approximately 35,000 store locations, a growing base of more than 500 Company owned and operated retail stores, direct mail catalogs, and its Internet website www.yankeecandle.com. Outside of North America, the Company sells its products primarily through its subsidiary, Yankee Candle Company (Europe), Ltd., which has an international wholesale customer network.
The company's flagship store in Western Massachusetts is the world's largest candle store with over 160 scents. It is located at Routes 5 and 10 in South Deerfield, MA. Another flagship store is in Williamsburg, VA.
Yankee Candle began in 1969 when 16-year
old Mike Kittredge made his first candle with melted crayons
- a Christmas gift for his mother - in his family home in South
Hadley, MA. Family, friends and neighbors raved about Mike's
candles and kept buying them as fast as he could make them.
Operating first out of his parent's home,
then in an abandoned mill building in Holyoke, MA, and later
in nearby South Deerfield and Whately, Mike's early hobby grew
into the Yankee Candle Company, the nation's premiere scented
candle designer, manufacturer, wholesaler and retailer.
In 1989, Yankee Candle opened its first
mall location and continued to expand. The company went public
on the NYSE in 1999.
In 2007, the company went private after
being acquired by Madison Dearborn Partners.
In 2013, Jarden Corporation agreed to buy Yankee Candle from Madison Dearborn Partners for $1.75 billion.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits available for headquarters employees
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental Insurance
- On-site Fitness Center Staffed with Trained Fitness Specialists
- Health and Wellness Educational Programming
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Company-Paid Term Life Insurance
- Company-Paid Short-Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Voluntary Supplemental Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Supplemental Term Life Insurance
- Voluntary Interest Sensitive Whole Life Insurance
- Voluntary Long-Term Care
- Payroll Deduct Options for Auto and Residence Insurance
- Section 125 Medical and Dependent Care Reimbursement Plans
- Paid Vacation and Sick/Personal Time
- Paid "Anniversary" Day (to celebrate your employment
- Discount On Our World-Class Product and Special Employee Shopping
- Promotional/Advancement Opportunities throughout the Company
- Discounts with Local Retailers and through WorkingAdvantage.com
Concierge Service Including:
- Discounted on-site dry-cleaning pick-up and drop-off
- Discounted ticket purchase for various local events