176 South Street
Hopkinton, MA 01748
CEO: Joseph Tucci
Stock Symbol: EMC
EMC is one of the largest and most successful
technology companies in Massachusetts. It is the world's leading
company for helping businesses store vital information and data.
EMC offers systems, software and solutions for information storage
EMC customers include banks and other financial services firms, manufacturers, healthcare and life sciences organizations, Internet service and telecommunications providers, airlines and transportation companies, educational institutions, and public-sector agencies. EMC also provides technology, products, and services to consumers in more than 100 countries.
EMC was founded in 1979 by Richard Egan
and Roger Marino in Newton, MA.
In 2012, EMC reported record revenues of $21.7 billion, an increase of 9%. Net income for the year was $2.73 billion.
EMC has acquired over 70 technology companies since 2003 and spent $17 billion on acquisitions.
- Medical insurance - HMO and PPO options
- Prescription drug coverage - Pharmacy and mail-order coverage
- Vision benefits - Coverage for both eye exams and eyeware for
- Dental insurance - Delta Dental
- Healthcare Spending Account - Up to $5,000 per year and for
- Life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Business travel accident insurance
-401(k) retirement and savings plan
- EMC matches contributions up to 3% of eligible quarterly compensation,
with an additional profitability match of 1% to 3% depending
upon company performance-to a maximum match of $750 combined
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan - 85% of
the stock price
- Tuition assistance plan - Up to $5,250 per year
EMC offers a flexible employee time-off
policy which includes vacation, holiday, and personal/sick time.
The table below outlines the total days per year.
|< 5 Years
In addition to the eight core holidays,
three floating holidays may be selected with management approval
After one year of service with EMC, new employees with at least
10 years of job-related experience as of their date of hire (as
determined by the hiring and employment manager) may be eligible
to accrue an additional five days vacation each year, for a total
of 15 days per year. From the fifth to the tenth year the total
accrual rate remains at 15 days per year regardless of prior