Headquarters: 65 Hayden Ave.
Lexington, MA 02421
CEO: Michael Bonney
Stock Symbol: CBST
Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the research, development, and commercialization of pharmaceutical products that address unmet medical needs in the acute care environment.
Cubist employs more than 570 people approximately 350 in Massachusetts. The company's total net revenues increased 47% to $433.6 million in 2008 from $294.6 million in 2007.
The company's main product is Cubicin, an antibiotic used to treat skin infections.
In July 2008, Cubist entered into an agreement with AstraZeneca to promote their established antibiotic, MERREM I.V. (meropenem for injection) in the U.S. The Cubist product pipeline includes ecallantide, a recombinant human protein in Phase 2 clinical trials -- CONSERV-1 and CONSERV-2 -- for the reduction of blood loss during on pump cardiac surgery, and two Phase 1 programs that address unmet medical needs, one in CDAD (Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea) and the other in multi-drug resistant (MDR) Gram-negative infections.
In addition, the Company, in collaboration with Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Cambridge, MA), has a pre-IND and a Phase 2 program underway for novel treatments for respiratory syncytial virus infections using Alnylam's RNA-interference technology.
The company was founded in 1992 and went public in 1996.
* Medical & Dental Insurance
* Supplemental Vision Care
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Domestic Partner Coverage
* 401(k) with quarterly company match of $0.75 on the dollar up to 6% of employee's compensation with immediate vesting
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan enables purchase of CBST stock at 15% Discount
* Company provided Short/Long Term Disability & Life Insurance
* Company provided Business Travel Accident Insurance
* Discounted Auto & Homeowners Insurance
* Adoption Assistance Program
* 3 Weeks paid vacation and 12 paid holidays per year (4 of which are your choice)
* Summer Hours Program
* Leave of Absence Policies & Flexible Work Schedules
* Onsite Workout Center
* Daily Onsite Fitness Classes
* Fitness Club Reimbursement
* Lunchtime Wellness Seminars
* Onsite Massage Therapist
* Onsite Meditation Room
* Onsite Weight Watchers Meetings
* Free Annual Flu Shot Clinic
* Annual Childcare & Eldercare Subsidy
* Back-up Childcare Services
* Employee Assistance Program
* Private Nursing Mother’s Room
* MBTA “T-Pass” Reimbursement & Shuttle Service From Alewife “T” Station
* Free Onsite Parking
* Onsite Full Service Cafeteria
* Onsite Dry Cleaning Pick-up
* Business Casual Attire & Casual Fridays
* Monthly First Friday Celebrations
* Annual Social Events Calendar
* Free Weekly Summer Ice Cream Truck Visits